Andy Forrester has been performing comedy since 1999 and his brand of off-the-wall humor has made him a club favorite all across the country. His high energy and animated routines have landed him spots opening for such headliners as Marc Maron, Tom Segura, Leanne Morgan, Louie Anderson and Gilbert Gottfried.
His likeable, self-deprecating, fun and easy going style is friendly to everyone as he walks you through the mind and life of the man many call BiG"A". Family, movies, a love of a food, traveling, and living with his two little girls are a treat for everyone to hear about the funny life of this family man.
Andy's comedy career seems to have been a lifetime in the making, but officially started in 1999 when he joined the local Improv Comedy troupe in Raleigh, NC, Comedy Sportz. From there he began honing his ability to make people laugh without a script, or a clue, eventually becoming one of the premier performers at the newly named Comedy Worx.
In 2005 Andy performed at his first Open Mic at the famous Goodnight's Comedy Club in Raleigh, NC, and from there things took off. In 2008 Andy won the title of Ultimate Comic at the Idiot Box in Greensboro, NC. April of 2013 he won the Louisville, KY satellite of the World Series of Comedy, and was part of the Laugh Your Asheville Off Festival that same year. In 2014 he was chosen to participate in the Laughing Skull Comedy Festival. He filmed his first TV spot as part of the PureFlix Comedy All-Stars program alongside Louie Anderson. In 2018 he filmed something special with legendary comedian Killer Beaz in Nashville, TN at Zanies as part of the brand new TheComedyBuzz.com. In April of 2019 he taped his Dry Bar Comedy Special "Most Of This Is Baby Fat" in Provo, UT, which was released in August of that same year to much fanfare. He was also recently featured on the new show on the 'Circle' network "Stand Up Nashville – Live From Zanies!" hosted by Henry Cho.
Andy is a husband and father of two daughters that will be the death of him. He also happens to be an accomplished artist with a BFA in Graphic Design, so when he's not traveling or performing or being a stay at home dad, he's drawing pretty pictures.
- Shows are 18+ and include adult language and themes. (13 - 17 y/o may attend only if accompanied by a parent/guardian)
- Drinks are available including beer, wine, cider, seltzer, limited mixed drinks and non-alcoholic options. Please have your ID ready.
- Hot Dogs are available at the show and cooked as they are ordered.
- Tickets are also available at the door.
- Seats are first come first serve.
- Doors will open 30 minutes before show time
- The use of video equipment or flash photography is strictly prohibited
- Parking can be found on State Street or the Shelby Street parking lot.